Sunday, November 28, 2010

Weekend at home and cold weather

Went home this weekend since it was the last weekend I could go home before finals start. I also have to come home December 10th to dog sit. It was nice being home to get some good food besides my regular pasta, stir fry, and tacos that I always seem to be eating. Friday night my mom cooked some ribs then Saturday we had steak and sushi. Unfortunately the cold weather also returned home this weekend after a fairly nice spring, summer, and fall.

I went out for rides on Friday and Sunday with a run on Saturday. All three were below 0 with the wind chill. After taking the last couple winters off this cold weather was a bit of a shock to my body but its time to HTFU if I want to achieve my goals this summer. I was supposed to be running cross-country nationals this weekend in Guelph but after taking time off for my sprained ankle about a month ago I didn't feel like I had the speed needed to compete. Congratulation to everyone that raced and battled the snow and wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment