Friday, December 10, 2010

A One Sided Relationship

Everyone has been in one. You feel like you are putting more into the relationship trying to make it work while your partner just doesn't seem to care that much or when you see I love you and it is followed by an awkward silence. Well this is how my relationship with triathlon is feeling at this time. I know its the winter and this is probably why I feel this way. I have been putting more and more time into this new relationship trying to give it that spark it needs, but she just is not giving back. I've been in the pool quite a bit working on my stroke technique as well as swimming hard, but I am just not seeing the quick improvements I was hoping for. On the bike I have been feeling stronger, but I don't really have anyway to measure that on my trainer (no rear speedometer or power). Running is well running it seemed like I was starting to come back from the sprained ankle, but with all the snow paces have just dropped. It also doesn't help when you read stuff on the internet saying you are not good enough for her. People saying you need to be tall to be good, or your power is to low for your goals. Oh well, I am not giving up on this relationship and like it or not triathlon is stuck with me for life. Hopefully, this summer she will give back to me for what I have given her this summer because I would love to see some good results and there is no way I will lower my goals no matter what people say.

No comments:

Post a Comment