Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

Happy belated Valentine's day to everyone but if you are like me it was just another day hammering away in the cold. I'm alright with that though since triathlon is my one love and yesterday I did all three what can be better. Started out with a solid swim set in the morning that I completely butchered and I don't think I did a single things right. Swim workouts just get so much more complicated then run workouts when there are four strokes, a million drills, etc and they all have abbreviations. The main set was supposed to be 5x500 but I ended up doing 4x400 and one 500 but I still did the same amount of "hard" swimming so I wasn't going to beat myself up over a couple hundred meters of easy swimming. My swimming is coming along, but I still don't have the strength needed to swim as fast as I would like. A 40s 50 is easy for my cardio system but my arms just can't pull me any faster. In the evening I spent some quality time with my girlfriend (bike). Started off with a 20 minute warmup then did 20 minutes hard, 5 easy, 5 hard, 5 easy, 10 hard, 1:30 easy, 30 hard, 1:00 easy, :30 hard, 1:00 easy, :30 hard, 20 easy. Felt strong throughout the whole thing and really I just can't wait to get outside. I followed this with a 15 minute run where I did a 30 second acceleration every 2:30. My running is really coming around for the amount of running I am doing, but we will see what kind of shape I am in come the 27th when I do my first race of the year (Really Chilly 5k). Hoping for a sub 17 but it will probably depend a lot on the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment