Friday, August 26, 2011

Nationals

I know its been a while since the race, but I was actually working a bit so I haven't been on the computer as much.

The race went well overall, but the run still stunk. I am not sure if I drank to much on the bike or if my expired eload finally caught up with me. I cramped big time and could hardly breathe. It sucked though because my legs were feeling great, but every time I tried to pick up I could not breath.

Compared to Knoxville I was faster on the bike and swim, but my run was 3:30 slower. I feel I could have run sub 36 and placed in the top 10. Live and learn.

I am going to take off until school starts up again so you won't have to read another race report for a long time. I might try to write some posts that actually have some substance. The plan once training starts again is to really focus on swimming until Christmas while just riding and running a bit. After Christmas I will reevaluate and start to build my bike and run. Hopefully that swim focus will get me to where I can make a pack in draft legal then I can focus on my run to try and win races.

No comments:

Post a Comment