Monday, October 3, 2011

Guess Who's Back

I doubt I have any true followers, but just in case I do I am sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I have been super busy with school, I now have a job at Multisport-Zone, and training is in full swing.

This semester of school is a bit of a doosey with three courses that have a lab component, but starting in January when the training picks up I don't have any so it actually works out pretty nice that way. After this year I will only have to make up for one credit which I plan on doing online during the summer or next fall. After that I am going to have to pursue a job that will help to pay the bills while I attempt to be a professional triathlete.

On that note I just received an email from Linda Kirk at Triathlon Ontario that they have granted me my elite card for short course races starting in January 2012, and once I get my draft card I will be able to do elite draft legal races as well. All this means is that I am going to have to improve my swim a ton!!! To help with this I have hired Cliff from Transition Point Training. So far it has been amazing with a very scientific approach to training. Blood + sweat + science = perfection.

I am not going to go into to much detail on what we are doing, but after looking over the long term plan today I am actually excited for all the hard work ahead.

I did not want to write to much today so I could save some for a later date but stay posted for a tentative 2012 race schedule coming your way. 

Happy early Thanksgiving,
Alex

2 comments:

  1. I follow!

    Any destination races for 2012?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl well for now I am planning on Rev3 Knoxville because it was such a fun race last year and maybe giving elite nationals a shot if my swim time improves. I have a couple other big ones in the back of my mind but it all depends on if i can get some money from sponsors to help cover the costs.

    ReplyDelete