Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A quick winter update

Here is a quick little update on where things are at in my triathlon life.

Swimming

As always it seems like my swim is consistently improving. I got the wonderful opportunity to swim at the Western Quad Meet against Waterloo, Brock, and Laurentian. Once again I saw two more pbs. 4:52 for the 400 free and 1:04 high for the 100m. This was my first time breaking 5 and was a huge monkey to get off my back after going 5:00 at the Guelph talent id where I stopped at 350m, and it was also my first time going sub 1:05 in the 100m. Next up will be a time trial around St. Patty's Day and the Ontario Masters Provincial Championships.


Cycling

For those of you that didn't see my new bike, I picked up a track bike in the fall. This winter I have been putting in most of my mileage at the Forest City Velodrome. I find it much easier to chase people around the track then to sit on the drainer for hours. This doesn't mean I have neglected my trainer. I have been going to the MultiSport Zone spin classes on Saturday for an excellent 2 hour spin class.

138m and 60 degree banks and no brakes can make for some heart pounding riding

Running

Running in the winter is never exciting. I have just been logging the miles, and recently I started adding in some speed stuff to get the legs ready for a fast spring. Last week was my biggest run week since I ran cross-country at Western 3 years ago.

Hope everyone else's training is going well. I know I am getting the itch to race again. 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment