Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Change Of Plans

I decided I am going to quit triathlon and take up wrestling . . . oh wait it just got dropped from the Olympics. I don't agree with that decision, but this is not what this post is going to be about because no matter who gets cut they are not going to be happy.

The real change in plans is that I am going to be going to Clermont March 9th for the ITU Continental Cup, and then I will be staying the following week to race the Continental Cup in Sarasota. I can't wait to get out there and race. I have been really itching to race the last month or so after getting a small taste of racing at the swim meet.

I am always a bit nervous going into big races like this. I think my biggest fear is always getting lapped out. With a 4x5km looped bike course it should be difficult to get lapped out of Clermont (even with the staked field that has a few past Olympians).

I will be knocking the rust of this weekend at the Really Chilly Road Race. It seems like most people are entered in the 10k, but I am going to do the 5k to see where my legs are at.

No comments:

Post a Comment