Friday, May 17, 2013

Triple T pre race

It is now 2.5 hours until the start of one of the most epic races in triathlon, American Triple T. Triple T is not just your run of the mill triathlon, it is 3 of them and a fourth that makes you swim in between the bike and the run. The races can be done as a team or individual, so Angela Quick and I decided that we would enter the event as a team. Hugh Pindur and Amanda Worden-Rogers are also down with us this morning with a strong London showing. In the team format the first to races (super sprint and regular Oly) the add your times together, and the last two races (bike/swim/run Oly and a half iron) we must start and finish together.

I am going to try and update this throughout the weekend so if people to check in on how we are doing this might be the best place. We are in back country Ohio and I am not sure how fast they will get results up online.

This morning we went to check out the course. Did a short bike on the super sprint and half course followed by a run on the run course. The course is beautiful! Lots of climbs, lots of descents, and lots of turns. This should make the bike go by quickly especially on the two loop half. I only ran about 7k of the 10k run course, but it seems like you go up hill for 4k, down for 1k, then come back. The hardest part of the run might be keeping your momentum on the downhills and not breaking. Coming down the one section I was running the fast I have run since high school (according to garmin) and I still felt like I was breaking a bit.

The weather here is hot and humid and with that comes dense morning fog and a high chance of thunderstorms. Here's to hoping everything goes smooth. The biggest challenge for me is going to be my nutrition. I'm so used to having a lot of recovery time between races and often skimp on the in race calories (Knoxville I had one gel and a couple sips of water).

Hopefully I can update everyone regularly.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment